A school friend is parish priest of Bodmin, in Cornwall. The parish website says, whether you are a visitor or a parishioner you are very welcome! And it gives a clear description of how Catholic parishes cope with the Virus.
Volunteer Stewards are required for each Mass to ensure sanitising of hands, track and trace forms and other guidelines are kept. This is an important part of our being able to open the church for Mass. Please contact Fr Ciaran or the office 01208 72833 if you are able to help.
Due to the ongoing Covid 19 we have to take great care in the way we come together.
- There is no obligation to come to Mass
- If you are in any way unwell or with any underlying condition DO NOT COME.
- When you come you will have a designated seat at a safe distance from others
- We ask you to wear a face covering throughout the Mass.
- The mass will be shorter (no singing).
- Communion will be at the end of Mass.
- There will be stewards on duty to help with the new procedures.
It is important to follow the guidelines below:
- Hands will be sanitised on entering the church
- Guidance to your seat will be given
- No kneeling – sitting or standing permitted only
- Communion will be by hand only
- No candles will be available for lighting
Track and Trace
We are obliged to fill out the forms which accompany this letter for each Mass we attend with the time and date of Mass also. This is an added precaution we are taking in case we are contacted by the Track & Trace system. This would only happen if they are notified of a person who has attended one of our Masses and has gone on to show symptoms.
We have to the best of our ability and Government/Diocese guidelines made Church a safe space for our parishioners to attend.
Fr. Ciarán McGuinness
Saturday Vigil Mass 12noon (This will be recorded and broadcast for those unable to attend mass.)
TUESDAY 10.00AM ST PETROC SHARED CHURCH, PADSTOW
THURSDAY 10.00AM ST PAUL THE APOSTLE, TINTAGEL
FRIDAY 10.00AM ST MICHAEL CHURCH, WADEBRIDGE
Weekday masses Monday, &Wednesday at St Mary’s Church will be at 10.00am.
The church will close immediately after each Mass.
There will be no washroom facilities
Please note in line with new government regulations it is now mandatory to wear facial coverings when attending places of worship
You are expected to wear a face covering immediately before entering and it must kept on until you leave.
Our parish priest is Fr Ciaran McGuinness. The presbytery in Bodmin and the parish office are situated in the Parish Centre. If you wish to speak with Fr Ciaran please leave a message and he will return your call.